Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot a christmas~

Welcome December 2011!
I really can't believe that it's the end of the year already (again). I still remember about my post last year, talking about my plans on Christmas.
Now here I am, sitting in front of my one-year-old laptop , craving for Christmas.
Christmas has always been interesting for me, because Christmas is the time when I actually spend my time with my family with this, magical, peaceful feeling that I don't even know where it comes from. Christmas is the time when we celebrate the birth of Jesus, our saviour, so I guess that's why the feelings are all good and beautiful.

What areyour plans on Christmas? Maybe some of you have been thinking of getting a fancy Christmas present from your parents, or maybe you're just planning to spend your Christmas with your beloved ones.
I'm wishing you a good luck with it! Christmas is always supposed to be a time when your mood is higher than anything. Yeah, just because it's Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas, there are a lot of things which will remind me of Christmas everytime I see them.
Christmas would be all plain and boring without these things.

1. Santa Claus



This big guy with long white beard is most popular when it comes to Christmas. The origin of Santa Claus begins in the 4th Century with Saint Nicholas. He was  a generous man and particularly devoted to children. His name and legend somehow went through the time, even after he died. Then the name Santa Claus emerged. Santa Claus is believed as a man who gives presents to good children. In movies, it says that you can only get presents / see him if you believe in him.  One other thing is that He's  most likely the man who excites children every Christmas.2. Christmas Tree
Christmas wouldn't be a christmas without christmas trees. People decorate christmas trees to make it beautiful, with lights and decorations. These christmas trees also contribute A LOT in creating this "Christmas Feeling" every year.3. Ginger Bread
 Ginger bread! Yush, this is one of my favourite things of Christmas.  It's just delicious and.. cute. Sometimes you feel sorry for eating it because it's just too cute to be eaten. xD4. Christmas Stocking 



Christmas stocking is where you put all of your wishes to Santa Claus. You can ask for any kinds of presents, and if you've been good this year, Santa will give you what you want. Simple, huh? This reminds me of  my last year's post about what I asked Santa when i was 5 years old. It's quite a cute story, if you wanna check it out. :)






5. Candy Cane

A candy cane is a hard cane-shaped candy stick. It is traditionally white with red stripes and flavored with peppermint or cinnamon; however, it is also made in a variety of other flavors and may be decorated with stripes of different colors and thicknesses. - Wikipedia
I don't know much about this candy cane thing, because I've never really tasted it (sad, huh) but candy cane is also a kinda special thing that you see everywhere on Christmas. Its colors are beautiful, and just like ginger bread, it's too beautiful to be eaten (but I'll eat it anyway xD)

6. Christmas Presents
Presents! I know these are the things that most people are waiting for. Sometimes people just can't wait for Christmas only because they're aiming for the gifts. Well, people have their own ideology about Christmas, but I do agree that a christmas would be boring without presents. 
I still remember when I was younger and i see christmas trees in malls. They put the christmas presents under the trees (which are actually only pretty boxes with nothing inside). I don't really remember how, but i do know that I wanted to take those presents (because I thought I could get a christmas present for free by taking those random boxes lol) until my mom told me (and broke my pure little heart) that there were nothing inside those boxes. Those are fake presents. Since then, I started to smile cynically everytime I see fake christmas presents under christmas trees. And that was also the time when I finally know that nothing is free in this mighty world. :3

Actually there are still A LOT of things that must EXIST (yes, MUST) on Christmas, in order to make it memorable and beautiful. But I think these things above have pretty much represented Christmas already.
Do you think I missed some of other important things? please let me know.
For now, all I can say is Happy December and have a wonderful Christmas this year.
See you on my next post  :)

5 comments:

  1. Ah~ I think i'll just cook and then laze around this Christmas xD kinda like last year. My Christmas tree is already up though so I wont have to worry about getting that done anymore xD I can already feel that Christmas spirit~~ And by the time Christmas gets here, I'll have finished all the candy canes on my tree. OTL

    D8 I had the exact same experience with the fake presents. OTL It made me sad. Society is traumatizing innocent children just for the evil fun of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. xD true~ I think I'll laze around as much as I want to~ since I have no plans. :3 I'll go to church too, for sure.

    OTL fake presents.. I'm not alone. I thought i'm the only kid who felt that way abour fake presents. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should laze around on skype together~! 8D *shot*

    Random fact: Did you know that Jesus may have been born in the Spring, not Winter?

    Christmas itself may be a lie. OTL XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. xD true.. I know that in the bible it doesn't say anything about when exactly Jesus was born..
    and what about Christmas Tree? i'm pretty sure it was decided by humans.. I wonder what it would be like if they had chosen another kind of tree as a Christmas tree..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pff~ I guess a regular tree wouldnt look as wintery and christmas-y since regular trees die in snowy weather xD Decorated christmas trees with dead leaves~ o^o

    ReplyDelete