Now, speaking of personality, consistency is one little part of human's personality.
Are you consistent? Some of you would say "Yes, I'm a very consistent person", and some others would say "No, I'm totally flexible in every single situation." What's with this consistency issue, and why do I use this as the topic of my blog post tonight? Yeah, you're right. It's (again) based on my personal experience.
But recently, I just realized that being flexible makes me inconsistent sometimes. And this inconsistency... gives me a lot of disadvantages. To tell you the truth, being flexible doesn't always mean that you're inconsistent. Inconsistency comes to those who don't know the limit of being flexible.
Consistency gives a great influence to our life, believe it or not, it has something to do with "time".When you're consistent most of the time, people might admire you for being consistent of what you say and what you think, but some of others might hate you for being being consistent.
On the other hand, when you've been inconsistent for a long time (and you really didn't realize it until something bad happens) you will finally know that you've been being inconsistent instead of being flexible.
So.. be careful. Don't be mistaken of being inconsistent and being flexible.
Consequences are waiting ahead of you.
haha, just try to make it straight :
ReplyDeleteConsistency is for yourself, when you've decided something to yourself.
Flexibility is for your friends or other people. When you go out or want to hang out (for instance) with them.
As far as I know, 'Consistency' wasn't used out of context. I guess Auday is relating the word to a particular situation he has in mind. You don't 'decide something to yourself' to be consistent; Being consistent means you stick to an idea, speech, or action without allowing a contradiction or an opportunity for someone to change it. Deciding something for yourself and sticking to it would be considered persistence.
ReplyDeleteI agree that being consistent is important because of how influential it is, but really flexibility itself can be the inconsistency because with flexibility there's a slight change in your perspective, actions, etc. It doesn't necessarily have to be related to friends and hanging out, but either way, there's no fun in someone who 'goes by the book' or isn't flexible at all. I guess that would be the limit to consistency then. ;) As they say, there's a limit to everything, you just have to know what those limits are~.
Ah, I ranted again! XD I liked this post though Janet. :3 It reminded me that practically everything we do has a consequence for it, whether or not that consequence is good or bad. We're just given the free will to make those decisions ourselves and every little detail counts. Butterfly Effect ftw~. xD
Ah S, Y U SO GENIUS?
ReplyDeleteXD
I'm not a genius though, I'm an epic fail XD <3
ReplyDeletecan you mention the disadvantages of this inconsistency problem u had? :) im pretty much confused without examples xD
ReplyDeletefor me, one problem that might come is that u will be much likely to be considered as "easily swayed" or influenced, which over time might evolve into being "not persistent" as well o.o
anw what i like from flexible people is that they're more likely to accept inputs and think from different point of views, which is a good thing! lets try to maintain the level of our flexibility then:)
err... Because of my inconsistency, I become confused of what I should do because I'm not persistent enough with what I believe.. (or you can call it "plin-plan") and it gives a bad effect to other things as well. If you're known as this "flexible" person (while you're actually more likely to be inconsistent), people would not believe you when you finally become more consistent and choose a particular point of view, because they still have a mindset that you're "easily swayed" as you mentioned before.
ReplyDelete