Christmas has passed, but the spirit will never last,don't you think?
As the title above, I'd like to ask you, do you oftenly make a "wishlist" in your mind (or maybe even write them down in a piece of paper)? I find it interesting how people automatically make a wishlist when it's close to special occasions, like Christmas, New Year, Eid Mubarak, Chinese New Year, etc. The question is, why?
There are two answers, according to my research (not literally a research, believe me):
First, because it's the time when people have some kind of excuses to give presents to others. For example, if you're a boy and you have a crush but you don't have any idea how to show that you care for that special someone, Christmas will be a perfect time for you to do so , by giving her a Christmas gift. No need to wait for Valentine's day and anxiously hoping that she'll give you something, am i right?
Lucky her, she'll get the present.
Second, because on special occasions parents and elder ones have fewer excuses not to buy you presents. I didn't say "no excuses", but at least they will think twice before they refuse your "gift request" because somehow, they will feel sorry if they do. But then again, if you want to be successful in getting a present from your parents / elder ones / maybe neighbour(?) it also depends on your skill.
Yes, that persuasive skill. Good luck with the puppy eyes.
It's never (NEVER) wrong to wish for presents on special occasions. But don't get too depressed when you don't get what you wish for (applies to everything).
And, be careful of what you wish for.
![]() |
| "How did you know? " |
Speaking of wishlist, here's my not-so-fancy random wishlist
1. Baseball / Varsity Jacket
I really don't know why, but thesedays a baseball jacket seems.. appealing. Too bad schools in here never produce this kinda jacket. -.-
![]() |
| Her jacket looks nice, yep |
I've been living a life with low fun meter nowadays. I need to "not get" a life. I miss the times when i used to have no life. No kidding XD. It's obviously helpful to relieve our stress.
3. Books
To tell you the truth, I used to love reading books, novels, comics, anything I can read. But as time flies (time flies by so quickly and more than 5 years have passed) I'm growing into a person who's too lazy to read books. Everytime I pass by a book store, I know I'm longing to read books. But there's this weird disease that makes me lazy to start reading. So, I'm putting "Books" in this random wishlist.
4. Blackberry charger
Well, it's broken, so.. *badumtss*
5. Time.
Yes, I'm putting this in my wishlist.
Everyone hopes they can control the time. But no one does. This wish shows how much I want to be able to use time wisely, because it can't be stopped, and what has happened , has happened. Now it's in our hands to fix our past-mistakes and make everything better than the past :)
And that's my not-so-fancy random wishlist.
What are on your wishlist?






haha i think u shud hav no.4 at the very least xD yeap i think no.1 suits ur character as well :)
ReplyDeleteam so agree with no 3 and 5! haven't thought about my wishlist, but the idea to at least go to 1 country u haven't been before in every year crossed my mind yesterday (:
anyway, happy achieving the wishlist!
xD thanks~ I've got the blackberry charger so no worries :3
ReplyDeletethat's a big wish, i guess , visiting different country every year. but it's a nice one if we can achieve it. Still, i'm too afraid to put it on my wishlist XD
I want the no.1 so badly! XD
whaaaa, theres a store near where i live that sells those baseball jackets all the time! D8 those are so easy to find here. If only there was a way to get one to you somehow... o^o
ReplyDeleteHmm.. my wishlist at the moment is...
no.1 : To finish all my schoolwork on time @-@ I procrastinate too much...
no.2 : A red leather jacket! xD Cuz those look so cool~ http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9eBZq26zw50/S9SGwfLm9yI/AAAAAAAADws/_2UYOfxBjc4/s1600/Red+Jacket.JPG
no.3 : To travel to a bunch of different countries like Indonesia, Japan, European countries and all of South America :3 (This one's gonna take forever to accomplish xD)
no.4 : More time for myself. I barely seem to have any time for myself lately so "not getting" a life sounds awesome to me too xD
no.5 : To improve my cooking skills :3
Fail spontaneous wishlist is a fail xD
nyah~ it's not a fail~
ReplyDeleteo^o lucky~ you can find those baseball jackets so easily... I want one...
ah, the leather jacket seems awesome~ unfortunately it would make me stand out so much if i wore those kinda jackets... cuz it's leather, and it's red XD
travelling! yesh i wish i could travel to other countries easily.. but it costs way too much x.x
your no.5 wish.. i wanna learn how to cook too.. and last but not least.. i wanna learn how to drive!
Mind to have mine here :)
ReplyDelete1. Brand new job
I could've put a a lot of wishlist. A full-print jacket, books, etc. And they all need money. So simply put, I need a source of money for my own. Targeted some, though. Hopefully pawned one.
2. Better 'eye'
For the ideas on my writings, sharp and critical observation is one important thing to have.
3. People's happiness
Okay, I'm not a nice guy. But I always cherish everyone I know and love. After all, watching happy people makes you happy as well. So... May you all be happy, people :D