Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Meaning of Loss

Loss. One word. Four letters. Thousands of reasons. And yeah, millions of meanings.

Nowadays, I've been very aware that almost every single thing in life is unexpectable. Then, this word "loss" is a word which is very affecting myself right now.

Now let me ask you one thing,

"Have you ever lost someone?"

Well that question, ladies and gentlemen, to me (and i believe to everyone as well) is a question that doesn't need to be answered. Then why did I just write those words above?

To tell you the truth, I kinda like psychological things. I like to guess what others are feeling, to analyze and predict how people would react to something in several cases, and so on.
I wrote that question above because i know someone would probably read it.

Nobody's really a big fan of my blog, but hey, readers, if you were really paying attention to that particular sentence i wrote above,
"Would those memories of you and people you lost suddenly come back and grab your emotion, even just for a slightest second?"
We've ever lost people we love(d). No doubt about it.
Family, friends, lovers, or anyone who really means a lot to us.

Some people can't accept loss, some people can. Some people are still wondering why it happened. Hurt, it does. We lose people because of many things. Death, misunderstanding, tiredness, anger, confusion, depression, pressure, lies, and bunch of other things.
"Why does it keep happening?"
is the question that people might have in their mind the most.

Now, I hope while you're reading this post, you're not hoping that i can give you the answers to those questions, cuz I can't (you can stop reading if you are :P).
I'm just going to share a bit about how I deal with loss.

I've lost people I love the most. Through many kinds of way.
As time flows, going through those breaking heart moments, unaccepting feelings, and such,
I realize that actually loss gives me a lot of meanings. Positive ones.
By losing people I love, it doesn't mean life's over. It tells me that I'm actually stronger than I thought I was.
I'm not saying that loss is a good thing. It's hard to go through, and it leaves wounds, no matter how small or big they are.

Firstly, losing people we love will turn us into a more grateful person.
We've had someone very meaningful in your life.
When we lose that someone, we're being taught and told how people sometimes can mean everything to us,
and i guess you already knew that nothing lasts forever, right?
Be grateful for what you have right now, and take care of it, because it doesn't last forever.


Secondly, by losing people we love, we learn how to be a better person. Sometimes we end up blaming ourselves because we think, we lose people we love because of our mistakes.
Let me tell you what I think. Mistakes are not there to be regretted.
Don't waste your life by regretting your mistakes and blaming yourself for what happened to you.
Be a much better person than before, because if everything seems to turn bad after you're facing a loss, it's not that loss which has caused it. It's yourself.


"Everything happens for a reason and everything has its own good"

Loss might be a bad memory for you, but memories you have are meant to change yourself into someone good, not anything else.

So those are my thoughts. How about you? :)

1 comment: