I think i should update this~ o-o
I haven't updated this blog in a while, because i've been busy with many things like college stuffs and preparation for The 2011 SEO.
Ah~ I think i'll just talk about how it's going with The 2011 SEO :3
You might have noticed the countdown thingy in the right bottom of my blog, which says "... days to The Southeast Asian English Olympics". It's actually gonna be the very first English Olympics in Southeast Asian scale being held in Indonesia. It has 6 competitions, which are Newscasting, Storytelling, Debate, Speech, Scrabble, and Short Movie Making. The 2011 SEO is for all of University and High school students in Southeast Asian Countries.
My university's English Club , BNEC (Bina Nusantara English Club) is the one who holds English Olympics every year.
Next year will be our first Southeast Asian English Olympic, since we want to upgrade it from NEO (Nationwide English Olympics). NEO has been held for 6 years, from 1st NEO until 6th NEO and all of them were successful. Next year we won't be only holding competitions, but also other events such as Gala Dinner, Social Awareness, and Discover Indonesia-Tour. Interesting? :D
I'm one of the commitee in Registration Division.
My jobs are mostly about getting calls, giving all of the informations about The 2011 SEO, inviting institutions to join, and also we're gonna control the registration thingy in the D-Days (because it will be on 14-19th of February 2011)
I have to admit that this is not an easy job to do. Sometimes i get calls in a wrong time, and i get stuck with people's questions. I have to be polite on the phone, in sending emails. English grammar mistakes and typos are not easily tolerated.
But i do learn a lot of things.
Hopefully i'll become more discipline and stuffs, more polite when talking to others (i might be able to become a good customer service xD)
Time management is also needed~
Not forget to mention, moods give a big influence.
Whenever i'm in a bad mood and i have to get a call, i try to be as normal as possible, so that i won't end up yelling at them xD (just kidding) but seriously, mood needs to be maintained.
I'm lazy at times, but i always try to improve myself, to get this event succeeded in teamwork with all of the commitees.
This event is gonna rock!
Oh anyways, here's the website of The 2011 SEO >> http://seo.mybnec.org
And this is our facebook page The 2011 SEO

No comments:
Post a Comment