![]() |
| epic. |
The rent fee varies, depending on the facilities that a boarding room has.
Now what are the things a boarding room can possibly have?
1. Air Conditioner
This was pretty much a huge factor of whether I was going to take the room or not. The place where I live has a nasty hot weather. So when I first entered university, I decided to take a room which has AC. Understandable, right? But usually when a boarding rooms has AC inside, it means, more money to spend (if you know what i mean)
2.Beds (you don't say?)
You can't call it a bedroom without a bed. So basically in each boarding house, they surely provide beds in each room, but the comfy level (that's how I call it) vary. For example, in my current boarding room, the bed is somewhat too adaptable because when you sit on a certain area of the bed more often than other areas, it'll become softer and softer till it become so soft that you can feel the spring and almost sit on the floor. But don't worry, once you get off the bed and start to not sit there too much, it'll automatically be back to its original shape and not too soft as it was.
3. Cable TV
Well, this is actually something that helps you relax when you have a day off. With cable TV we can watch international channels with a lot of movies and series. Nuff said.
4. Bathroom
When you have a bathroom inside your boarding room,
Firstly, the room can be a damp room. So when you leave the room with AC turned on, the room will be ok. But when it's off, and you leave it for a few days, when you get back you'll be able to smell the dampness. The advantage of having your own bathroom is, you won't be sharing it with people you don't know (who might not be aware of its cleanliness). Just do'n't forget to clean the bathroom.
5. Internet
Lastly, (but absolutely not least) is the internet. Internet connection is an important thing to have in your boarding room (or at least that's what i think). There are several internet providers around boarding houses and the connection speed also varies.
I believe each person has their own preferences of their boarding house facilities. Some people might think "Oh I just need the room and internet, I don't need the bed", and some others might think "I only need the bed, I don't need the internet, tv, and such".
Back to my story, I'm trying to get a more affordable room, but comfy enough. So I have to eliminate some of the facilities that I'm currently having in my current boarding house. Surprisingly, I decided to eliminate "AC" and guess what, the new boarding room with no AC is gonna be 40% cheaper than my current boarding room. Seeing the bright side, I still have my precious internet connection. so, HAH >8D
If you were me, which of those facilities would you eliminate and which would you keep?
Comment right below :3

A TV is not that important, unless you're good enough to stay productive with that thing?
ReplyDeleteAfraid on missing important news? There are a lot of news on the internet, more than CNN can maybe provide. You can even watch the streaming online.
An air conditioner won't be necessary if your room has some windows (buy a fan instead).
And the most important thing for me is: A DECENT DESK. My 50x50cm desk is already full with a lot of stuffs. I can't even rest my hand on it
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteTrue that. I'll definitely buy an exhaust and a fan. Decent desk, well actually in my current boarding room I don't have any desk. But a desk would be nice, good thing that i'll get my own desk in my new room.
ReplyDeleteI would pretty much keep everything except the TV and Air Conditioner since I barely watch TV and I melt in hot weather with or without the A/C. XD I barely even feel it even when it's on full-blast anyway. T____T
ReplyDeleteBut I definitely agree with 2ndskeet about the desk. I already have three desks and that's barely enough for all of my junk and books and stuff. (OTL) I use one as a table to hold my junk food and coffee when I pull my all-nighters, the other's for my computer, TV and video game consoles, and the third has anything all the girly crap I own. XDD
Pindah ke mana ja?
ReplyDeleteDeket kok nes, masi di jalan keluarga XD cuma ga pake AC~ biar lebih murah~
ReplyDelete