Wow, it turns out that I never really talked about friendship. Somehow it's an odd thing, because I'm a kind of person who values friendship , well, you can say, a lot. So let's talk about this favorite thing of mine. Friendship.
Yes, I believe most of you readers have friends, whether they're just casual friends or ultimate BFFs. Every single friend has a different meaning to you, and it's either changeable or permanent, depending on the situation that you have with that certain friend.
What is friendship? And how much do you value friendship? In life, every single one of us (including myself) surely experiences a lot of things as we grow older, and this thing called friendship has always had a major role in my life. Since I was young, I've been a person who appreciates the existence of friendship probably more than most of the people, and I'm aware of it. I'm a kind of person who wouldn't mind fighting until end to keep a friendship going on, because to me friendship is something essential in life and it's not something that we can have or keep so easily. Agree? Maybe some of you do, and some of you don't.
Speaking of keeping a friendship alive, I think I can say a few points that I have learned about keeping a friendship, based on my personal experience. Like i said before, keeping a friendship is , I wouldn't say it's difficult, but I'd rather say that it's tricky. Anything can happen in this world, in your life. That's obvious, right? So is with friendship. Anything really can happen.
First thing that I learned in friendship, is about building a trust. When you're alone, you have no other choices but relying on yourself. But guess what, It's not really difficult because you're the one who controls yourself and what you wanna do. When you're not alone, I mean, you have a friend, you wanna start building a strong bond between two of you. Trust is pretty much the soul of friendship. if you don't have this in your friendship, then your friendship can't be called a friendship, because basically and first of all, friendship is always based on trust.
What if he/she's not really trustable to you? My answer is: that's why you have close friends and casual friends. You, your heart, chooses your friends, the ones whom you're able to trust, and the ones whom you're not able to. One thing, if you want to build a close friendship, learn to trust your friend more deeply.
Second thing that I learned in friendship, is about supporting each other. Supporting is a really general word, but in friendship, support means more than a few specific meanings. In friendship, we have to support each other. It's what friendship's all about. Friend supports friend, and vice versa.
Unfortunately, there are tons of people who misunderstand about this matter. When you support a friend, it means that you care about her/him. You want the best for your friends, and therefore you support his/her willingness, or dreams. But what I want to point out is, what if they want to do something that's harmful for her/his life, or let's just say, it's not good for her/him? Support them to get away from that road. It's your job, to be a good friend for them. Most of the time, they're not going to agree with you, or they will even think that you're ruining their plans / dreams. Show them that you're doing this not because you want to break their dreams/plans, but it's because you care about them, so you want to tell them what they're doing wrong as a good friend.
Third thing that I learned in friendship, is about patience and endurance. Once a friendship means a lot to you, you don't wanna let it break. But sometimes, people just stop putting hopes in a friendship, just because they don't have the patience. In this point, I think I have a few views that might contradict other people's opinions. I have told you that I value friendship more than most of people, and somehow this fact has something to do with my patience. I've been through a lot of friendship, really close ones, and until now, my patience still keeps improving. It's a good thing, but people have different views about how much patience you have to give in a friendship, so yeah, I've been called stupid and idiot for being patient in a friendship that I was trying to keep.
Here's the thing, when you're in a friendship, don't think how much you have sacrified / given to them, but think how much you value that friendship and how much your friend needs you.
There's no such thing as perfect friend in life, and if you're trying to find a better friend each time you get hurt, believe me, you'll never find a friend you want. That's why we have to really know what we want and how we can get it. This is leading to my final point about things that I learned in friendship.
Lastly, I learned about appreciating a friendship that I have. This is the most important thing that I have learned from the friendships that I've had. I have lost many important friends, I've faced a lot of problems and conflicts with my current friends, but I'm thankful that It happened. Those things are the things that always tell me to become a better person, a better friend. Friendship is more than treasure, because it's priceless. You might be able to move on after you lose a friend, but when you look deep inside and back to all of the memories that you had, you'll realize that it's actually never replaced. So appreciate your friendship with all of the goods and bads in it, and be thankful.
Actually there are a lot of things about friendship that I haven't been able to explain in this post, because there are tons of things, maybe countless. But I hope that this topic (which seems to have become a bit too serious in the end of the post XD) is interesting enough to read.
Until my next post, see ya!
Long live friendships around the world :)
No comments:
Post a Comment