Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ecuadorian Food~ :3 (Part One)

Hah! I'm back!

I just remembered that quite a long time ago , when i just made this blog, i asked my friend Sarah to give me her recommendation about Ecuadorian food, because she's half Ecuadorian and apparently both of us looooove food very much. We often talk about food from our country.

Sooo finally today, i'll post them here, with pictures! :D

1. Bolon de verde
It consists of green plantains which are fried over medium heat until very tender,then mashed into dough, stuffed with cheese or pork and then fried again until crispy. These bolones can be served as breakfast or brunch; They are a nice side dish or appetizers. Yummy!


2. Maduro con queso


It's also made of plantains, but it's different from Bolon de verde. For more info, here's what Sarah said to me about maduro XD :
"You fry it, or you can boil it with cinnamon sticks with the peel still on. thats when they're most sweet, i like them best that way xD"
"...but if you're not one that likes eating sweets, fry them when the peel's still green~!"
"...but cinnamon make it taste so goooood =u= i need to ask mommeh to make that again o^o"
Interesting~ o:
So that's what my friend said about the maduros. I wish i could try it someday :D



3. Arroz con leche


It's Spanish Rice Pudding~ My friend said this is an awesome sauce with sweetness XD
more quotes:
"It's almost as sweet as maduros :3 It literally translates into "Rice with Milk" and its basically Rice pudding. It has cinnamon (the powder AND stick kind), milk, rice, condensed milk, .. pretty much its rice with a bunch of sticky sweet stuff~"
I'd like to try this too~ =u=


That's all for the Ecuadorian food my friend recommended to me. She really has succeeded to make me drool as always~ This post is dedicated to you, Sarah! :3

Gonna post another food next time~

3 comments:

  1. Aww~ Thanks for the dedication Janet~! <3
    Oh geez, I haven't had these foods in a while, I can't help but drool~
    They really ARE some of the best kinds of Ecuadorian foods as far as I can tell. o: And they're so addicting~!
    Plantains are almost like mood-food! o: If your in the sweets kind of mood, you get the sweet kind and if you're in the salty kind of mood, you eat the green ones with salt. :3
    I'll definitely have you try these when we meet! x3 As well as anything else that comes to mind~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. :3 thank you Sarah~
    xD you HAVE TO have me try those when we meet, definitely!
    And yeah i love both sweet and salty~ it only depends on the mood =u=
    i wonder if anyone can make those in Indonesia? O.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fooooood~~ <3 So hungry now. D;
    Hmm~ If they can find the right ingredients and the recipe, i'm pretty sure they'd be able to make them x3

    ReplyDelete