I'm back and first of all i want to wish you a Happy New Chinese Year for everyone who celebrates it.. Hope you'll get many red envelopes with moneeeeeey inside and live this year of bunneh happily. xD
Oh, if you haven't noticed the title of this post, go ahead and read it. I made it as a title of my post this time because of how the last few days of my life have made me unexpectedly happy :D
So i'll tell you a story about that.
Apparently i'm now still in exams week, and i have done 3 out of 5 subjects so far. I did all of them well including Discrete Math in which i did very badly on Mid-semester exam (i got a traumatizing D~).
The day after Discrete Math exam day, i went to attend a job interview. Yeah, i tried to send my resume and application letter to one of media and newspaper companies in Jakarta. My first job application ever. It was quite surprising that the lady lady (the one who posted about the job vacancy) emailed me and asked me to attend an interview THAT fast. I was so happy and kinda scared because i didn't know what i should prepare for the interview. But i prepared for it anyway, and hoped that my crappy english wouldn't be noticed. :P
I went to the office building with two friends of mine who applied for the job and got asked to be interviewed as well. I was wondering about how the interview would be. One of the things that kept stuck on my mind was "what if the interviewer asked me about how much salary i want?" On one hand, i want to mention numbers, but on the other hand, i thought that it would be a rude thing to say.
The day before, i asked some of my friends about that. It turned out to be more confuzzling because there were many different opinions. Like one of my friends who said "You should mention Rp........!!" and made me go "o-o are you serious?" and my other friend who said " You shouldn't mention numbers because you don't have any experience yet and it wouldn't be pleasing to some companies" but finally my uncle said "There's no need to think about it because they have their own standard for a part-time job salary". Thank God.
I still remember the time when the lady asked us to come into a room. It looks like a meeting room,to me.
But anyway, she just started to explain the job descriptions and the salary. In the end she didn't ask for a one-on-one interview, and handed me a paper.
Illustration:
Ladylady: "Here is the paper you should sign. :)"
Me: "o-o huh? *looks at the paper and read it*"
Me: *thinks* (O-O is this a job contract paper? i'm accepted?)
Me: *signs the paper slowly* *gives it back to the lady* here o3o"
Ladylady: "Oh, there are two papers there to sign"
Me: "o-o eh.. oh yeah. Sorry .haha xD;" *signs* *gives it back*
Ladylady: "Ok. Thank you :)"
and that's how the ladylady made my day. :D
I'm gonna start working right after The 2011 Southeast Asian English Olympics my English Club has been working on finished. I hope that this English Olympic will succeed as well :)
And after that... I should be more focused on my time management between college, work, and organization.
Oh.. have you ever heard about the college life triangle rule?
It says that in a college life, you can only choose 2 out of these 3 things: Social Life, Good grades, and Enough Sleep. It sounded really true at first, but then i started to think that i should break that triangle and get all those 3. Is it possible? I think it's worth to try :D
Sooo wish me luck on this, and i'll write about other random things later.
See ya!
Happy Year of the Bunny~! :D I'm glad you've been so happy lately c: I was getting worried that all your stress was getting you depressed or something. xD
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your exams~! :D And on your new job too~!
Hmm~ o3o I wonder if breaking that triangle will work. Good luck~! xD
Thanks S! :D
ReplyDeleteyep~ i've been so happy lately haha it was on the peak a few days ago. Now i'm just fine :3
hahah xD i also wonder, if i had to sacrifice something out of the three choices i would give up on my sleep. not enough sleep is better than no sleep at all =u=