Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What about the doomsday?

What would you do if you only had several months, no, less than a month to live?
Well I guess you guys know where this topic is leading to, since everyone's been talking a lot about doomsday.

What is doomsday? Reading the word, I guess it's the day when everyone's gonna be.. doomed? #randomthought

It's just, recently doomsday has become the hot topic everywhere. I heard a lot of jokes about doomsday, one of them says "The first thing I'd do on January 1st, 2013 is to watch 2012 movie." You know, the movie which was about doomsday being predicted to happen in the year 2012.



That's somehow kind of amusing if you actually do celebrate it as "surviving the doomsday" after you go through a day which was predicted to be the doomsday. But seriously, I think I've seen a poster on my Facebook news feed to celebrate the New Year's Eve. But the title clearly says "End of The World". When I first saw it I thought people are just trying to mock the doomsday thing, but clearly on second thought maybe they just wanna have fun with the theme. What theme could be more interesting than "End of The World"? It would be awesome unless ... the doomsday really happens after that. Uh-oh.

I know this topic isn't really important or whatsoever, but I'm actually interested of what people think about doomsday. That's why I opened this blog post with the question above. What do you think about doomsday? Is it scary to you? Or do you find it funny when a lot of people start to worry if the doomsday is gonna come right on the day it has been predicted? Or.. do you just not care at all?

Speaking of doomsday prophecies, I can still recall there were more than 1 doomsday prophecy before this year. One of them was the prophecy saying that the world's gonna end in 2000. Twelve years have passed, my friend. And it looks like the prophecy didn't get it correctly.

I've also heard there were some communities who predicted doomsday on certain date, years ago. In the end the doomsday didn't actually happen (like they predicted/ wanted to, apparently) and they ended up, well.. killing themselves because it didn't happen. Regardless of what they believe or what they have faith in, I'm more concerned about why they would do something like that. Shouldn't we feel happy if the doomsday doesn't happen like it was predicted? It just doesn't make sense to me. But it's their choice, anyway.

Back to the main question, how much do you care about the doomsday thing?
If you ask me, I'd say, I would be more likely not to believe doomsday prophecies.
Why? Because I think it's not accurate, and doomsday wouldn't be predicted THAT easily.
Besides, focusing on doomsday is like focusing on your mistakes,your weaknesses, or what you regret, considering that doomsday is almost always seen as a negative thing rather than a positive thing.

I say I'd rather try to live better each day than keep worrying about something that of course WILL happen someday, but you don't know when.

Then again, it's just my opinion.
What's yours?

3 comments:

  1. Give it few more days net, haha, we'll see, we'll see. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's anything for us to worry about. I agree that we should instead focus on how we live our lives instead of worrying about the inevitable - I mean, we're all gonna die someday anyway. And besides, even if the so-called prophecy was true, what are we supposed to do about it? I say there's no point in worrying about something we can't change, and there's nothing to lose in living everyday like it's our last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Starfalz true true, just wait and see :D
    @DanielRimaldi so you do blogging too huh? hahah. and yes, i think it's unnecessary, like you said. live our life to the fullest and that's the whole point of living.

    ReplyDelete